Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting Mad at picking a new template!!!

Everyone wants something special. That's what I thought when I visited blogs which have fabulous templates. It just make the readers startled with the bloggers' own style! I wonder how they do that and hmm, yes I should really give it a try! But, how should I know, this seemingly easy task makes me almost mad and then I have come to this conclusion - I'm really a dummy in the blogger world!

I started by searching some free fabulous templates on the website. With google in hand, everything can be found just in split seconds. There are some nice ones and so I started my task by downloading them and then uploading one of them into my blog. It's just all about copy and paste. Eww, it is easy, I thought. And who knows the troubles come behind!!!

The disaster: As a totally inexperienced blogger in changing a new template, I thought my mission goes pretty well. Ahha~ when the new template was already uploaded, I saw sth like this:

I thought it was nothing. As you know I'm that kind of adventurous person and due to my firm belief that there's nothing which we can't recovered from the cyber world, I click " Continue and Save" without a second thought. After saving my template, I happily return to my page. Then I get startled there.

Where's my blog links?
Where's my pet??
Where's my CHIT CHAT BOX!?!?


Oh my, this really drives me crazy!! They are the essential parts of my blog and now, they're gone! After this, I have to pay painfully for the braveful act I did. Fortunately, I have accidentally backed up the previous Html codes on the first few attempts. Hours spent in searching a solution for this thru the web and I, willy nilly, have to mengkaji myself how to copy and paste the widgets back into my new template. The seas of unknown codes make my eyes @.@ and >.< I cannot give up, I said, HOLD ON! The toughest part is where I have to slowly figure out the correct place to paste the widget codes and to end the pasted part with suitable codes. I tried for many times, just to revive my widget content as must as I can!

As you can see, I'm kinda proud of my achievement..haha..most of the widgets are now reappear in my page, living harmoniously with my new template. Unfortunately I shall say, some diseases are incurable- my blog links are just like the AIDS and cancer. I don't know th reason why it can't be recovered, but I know I have to deal with this cruel fact and say bye-bye to it. It's time to rewrite all the links again. Anyway, at least I saved my dearest Harry and the others from this disasters...hehehe..

So, if u're a dummy like me, and if u insist on changing yr template like me, learn from my history. DO NOT FORGET to backup the old template by downloading it b4 you could do anything to your dearest "baby". Then the further instructions in "polishing" yr new template with existing gadgets can be found here:http://techieblogger.com/2008/07/how-to-change-blogger-template-without-deleting-widgets.html

It's fun to try this and achieve it by yourself..although it makes me really exhausted. Haha.

So what? Dummies can do it!!!
I'm ready to try sth new next time, but b4 that, I'll prefer a rest first!

3 comments:

Corrinne The Great said...

nice template!

g_yean_i said...

ya.. quite nice what~ hehe..

Pinkie123 said...

Oh my, guess what, i started to get bored of this template! I'll have to change it again next time..hahhaa..it must be a huge task though..