Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Go vege week!

Haiya friends, do you know that I had been eating around the clock last week?? It reached such a serious degree that whenever my mind thought of food, I started to feel hungry,thus I'll grab some snacks or biscuits or chocolates and ate...this "hungry states" never ceases and no matter how full I am in the last meal, I'll ensure myself eating something half an hour later. It is so uncontrollable! Not a good experience at all to be at a hungry ghost state! >.<

Then, it astonished me, during the bio-pharmaceutics lesson, that our intestine has 3 types of movements:

- phase 1: a short period of no contractions
- phase 2: a long period of unsynchronized contrations that appear similar to the feeding state ( feeding state is the period where yr food in still in digestion and it take around 5 hrs for the last portion of food reaching intestine)
-phase 3: A burst of strong regular contractions that move down in a peristaltic pattern

Phase 3 was particularly important: These "housekeeper waves" start in the stomache and will help to sweep all the undigested food particles from small intestine into large intestine. This is the detoxification process I presume! Which means- if I am going to eat at a minimum interval of 4 hours between meals, my intestine is not going into phase 3, unless I am sleeping. Oh my! I can't accept this. So my body has not been detoxifying for 1 or 2 weeks? I don't wanna die due to bioaccummulation or food poisoning. Definitely not.

Hence, with strong determination, I have decided that this week will be my " go-vege-week"!
The food that I bought for this week, which is totally vege and environmental friendly: Broccoli, Celery ( best for detoxification), carrot, cabbage ( from last 2 weeks).
Fruits: Banana, apples, plum, strawberries
Muller yogurts X 3 and sainsbury yogurts X 4

Hey, so how?Does it sound interesting to you? Feel like want to support my campaign as well? Let's go vege this week! The rules are easy to follow ( should be):

First - When you wake up, before brushing your teeth, try to drink a glass of 250 ml of warm water. To avoid adding too much of a pressure to your kidney, you must drink the water slowly, as if u're tasting the coffee with all your passion. ( recommended by Dr Low )

Second - 3 Meals. Only 3 meals per day. No supper pls! The body will consider any input as supper after 8 pm.

Third - Eat your fruits or yoghurt half an hour before your main meal, not after~ ( that's the typical Chinese tradition to eat fruits after the meal to help digestion which is wrong~~) It is because after the meal, the food will stay in your stomach and intestine or up to 4 to 5 hours. If the fruits are taken after the meal, its nutrients will not be immediately absorbed by our intestine, not until the food have passed through the intestine. Meanwhile, the fruit components may react with the components in your food and the whole thing is going to spoil...

Fourth - Do not drink cold water or eat cold food after the meal. or else, the oil in your food will be solidified. This is worse, because once this solid globule reacts with acid, it will be absorbed by the intestine faster than anything else. Thus it is better to drink warm water or soup after meals.

Fifth - Sleep early! Sleeping early enables all parts of your body to undergo detoxification naturally, starting from the detoxification of liver at 11pm. I'm not a role model on this I know, I'm still improving on this. The earliest I can get to my bed is....after twelve?? hehe....

That's the basics five rules of thumb in my go-vege-week! If you want to be healthier, you can try on short meditation for 10 mins in the morning. That helps u to concentrate! Anymore suggestion in improving the wellness of life?? hehe..tell me then!

8 comments:

Aileen said...

wow! this is informative!! i have the same problem as well, so im gradually getting rid of all my snacks so i wont overeat after meals...haha i still find it hard not to have supper cos i usually sleep late and i get very hungry during the nite....=(

aylwin89 said...

wow...informative...
But how many of us can follow this...
Like for eg Tues and Thurs i got kungfu training until 10... cannot eat too much before tat so can only eat supper after training...
Hem....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pinkie123 said...

Looks like you guys have some problems with eating food after 8pm..hmm..well it's really kinda hard due to our hectic lifestyle~~ But try to estimate sometime for the digestion of the food before u go to bed. It may help. hehe~

fuixian said...

wow...its hard for me la to sleep early....=(
anyway,ka yao sis!!!!

Cyber~ said...

haha....enjoy wat u write bt i don really understand all...engineering student...haha...bt anyway vege is good though...juz come bek recogniable....hehe^^

Pinkie123 said...

Fuixian: Yeah, I will! hehe..

Cyber: engineering student is not an excuse not to know more abt our body systems~~ haha! i know, wei faster share with me your story in camp and upload more photos la! hehe

Corrinne The Great said...

weyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i keep eating non stop. *worried*
i sleep late. bathe at night. eat after 8pm. wake up late. rush thru breakfast. >.<
i love supper.