Monday, October 20, 2008

My Physics lecturer

My Physics lecturer, Mr. Tan , is indeed a man of wisdom. Don't ever judge his intelligence and humour by his cover! So often he throws us some words which would make us bursts into laughters, or even, deep into contemplation. The Tan kl-style of speaking is sometimes sarcastic but with a deep sense of humour, while the other times ( most of the time indeed) is philosphical. Sometimes it just makes its way into your innner heart...and you will probably be touched by this fatherly lecturer, who always finds his very unique way of concerning about his students.

Today, 20/10, 12 -2pm, Physics lesson

We got our Physics unit 5 experiment paper back. Then he started discuss with us about the common mistakes we made in this paper. Here are some funny words thrown by him! There's a bit difference though, as I can't really bear in mind every word he said. However, it is true that the real situation would be much more funny than this!

Tan- Mr tan
Students - Stu

Tan: ...Hey ya...must study hard la..I really hope that you all can fly to UK...but not walk to UK...
Stu: Har?? ( what's that walk to uk..??)
Tan: Har?? Yala, Walk to UK la! If you cannot fly to UK , then only can walk to Ulu Krang lah...


When he is discussing about the % uncertainty in the first question, which is about the period of oscillations, T, some students got confused and thought that he is discussing question 3. ( Question 3 also has a T for % uncertainty but stands for Tension)

Stu ( Goh) : Teacher, T is constant ma..why you find T's % uncertainty?
Tan: Wheregot, T we got measure ma, where got constant?
Stu: T is the tension wo...we didnt measure that lel...
* then the student was quickly reminded that teacher is discussing the first question
Tan: It is period ma! Where got Tension~ you all make me tension then got la!

Discussion proceeds..

Tan: ..Oh ya...I tell you all arr....never never use this word that " the % uncertainty is roughly the same as.." or " about or almost the same..." never never use these phrases arr...It is haram word you know! Dont use that in yr exam...

Suddenly I have a question so i ask teacher:

Stu: Teacher, for this paper rite ( section C) , do we have to revise unit 2 or other previous units before the exam?
Tan: (frown his face a bit) Har~ you need revise meh...Not all edi in your brain meh?? ( smiling at me)
Student: Erm..hehe..
Tan: You all always complain no time ma, now got time to revise other units arr? I thought you no time edi? ( counting his fingers) No time ma...after sleeping la, shopping la, watching tv la, playing la...like this sure no time for studies ma..izzit??
Stu: Ewww....
Tan: Yala, you see, next year jan exam edi...You can either work hard in this half a year's time...OR...you WORK HARDFOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE lo...so it's for you to choose la...see whether you wanna work hard now, or u wanna postpone it...later work hard for your whole life lo...

He's so concern about us and always wants us to do our best...

Finally, we resumes our class again. Someone wants the air-con remote control from Mr. Tan to increase the temperature, coz it's too cold! Then he replied,

" I think arr, when you go to UK, you will not die of hunger....You will die of cold! ( the whole class laughing) last time when my daughter is there arr, i said i wanna visit her, she said " dont, it's very cold!" My size she also said cold, how about you!?"


HAHA...that's the end of the story. I am awaiting a whole new bunch of jokes and genuine advices from him tomorrow. As a student, I feel very proud of him... He has done a lot of heartwarming things which somehow beyond what a lecturer does. He set up a blog just for writing some advices to us ( http://kltans.blogspot.com/), sms us to chat with us when he is free, and as an old man, he likes to give us advices, whenever we approach him personally just to ask some questions. Oh ya, I still remembered that he once had a wonderful tea time with me and he treated me a drink! And last year, I and some classmates even pay visits to his house...haha..He's funny and I didn't see any so-called generation gap between he and his students ( at least for me). His presence makes me remind of the book " Tuesdays with Morrie", which I found some similarities between him and Morrie...
but of course, I wouldn't want our situation turns out to be like that!

However, I did sense his sadness and dismay over the fact that we are going to leave him in the not too distant future. From my heart, I sincerely hope that I and my friends can always keep in touch with him, no matter where we are and how long the time has past. I believe that some relationships are worth our appreciation for a lifetime. Thanks for letting me to meet with so many loving persons in my life!
=)


A quote to share: A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell, where his influence stops - Henry Brooks Adams

7 comments:

-DaN- said...

2 thumbs up for this post!! to you, and to mr TAN, cheers!

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular make. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 350 pounds on every page. But finally I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Someone deleted several links from quickshare and sendspace ...

From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our main [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every url will be there and visible for everyone.

You can pick out from several great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] address like:

kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.

They have over 60 other available domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work properly for free without any registration needed.

So we assume it is good notion and suggest you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello bros. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous model. The prices as regards the sneakers were all over 190 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this locate selling them for half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been digging for that exact brand. The prices seeking the boots were around 230 dollars everwhere. But completely I bring about this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?