Monday, June 21, 2010

That Day, I kissed my dad.

Happy Father's Day!
It is Sunday in this year the Father's Day lies on. I have no present to give to him, but I thought it would be great if I can give him a surprise by a simple hug and kiss. I have attempted to do so since I woke up but since dad looked so stern all the time, it's kinda awkward to approach him suddenly and he might treated it as an "attack". hahaha. I was trying to find some chances. After coming back from breakfast, I knew that my dad was going out to work in the afternoon. Hmmm, that might be a great opportunity for me to surprise him before he went out!! So when he was tidying his stuffs and was about to go out, I pretend to speak to my mom and pretend to be around, sitting on the sofa, tidying my books, waiting for the right time to come. Heart is beating fast. At last, he picked up his shirt, wore it on and turned around to take his wallet. I quickly woke up from the sofa and caught him, hugged him from the side and two kisses on his cheeks, wishing him Happy Father's Day and may him drive safely.


He cracked jokes on me after that! I am happy and he is happy. So nice. Then when I stepped into the kitchen and my mom seemed to witness everything, I hugged and kissed her too, before she manage to say, " Why is that only for daddy!?"  haha. That night, my dad looked less stern and he talked a bit more to me. Isn't that lovely? Although the action has passed but the energy of the action returned to I and my dad and it will be stored in our memories and affecting us since ever. That's the power of karma.

Many times, when we try to do sth that we are unfamiliar with, there is always mental struggles which i shall call it "pre-mental syndrome" whatsoever..haha..What i meant is, there're always whispers around my head which makes me struggle between doing it or not. e.g. The idea of suprising my dad, my egoness arises and will say," Don't do it. It is so paiseh lah. Forget about it lah." Or maybe I'll hear, "Haha, so funny! You'll be laughed for doing so. Pointless." But when I find the strength to turn of the button of those whisperers, and clear in mind that, this is a good act. And I just wanna show my dad how much I love him. And if i don't do this, I'll be thinking about it or regretting it for the whole day. Then just do it. haha. All of us got overwhelmed joy by overcoming my egoness and not to be fooled by it. So, just do it when you believe it is something right to do. Don't be fooled and controlled by negative thoughts. It's not the thing that is so hard it's the whisperers that is hard to be overcome.

Although he may not be a perfect dad, he is my hero. I will remember the promise of unconditional love. Complaining will not make a change but one positive thought will. 




Happy father's day. When you have a chance to love someone, don't simply lose it.



4 comments:

piyasilo said...

good ^^

Jackie said...

Agree =)

Miss Tan said...

happy for you =)

I. said...

do it more often! then u won't feel paiseh anymore. :D