Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Carolicious~~

Reading my friend's post about food gives me the urge to post something about food too. And more particularly, it is those kinds of food which you can only or mainly have it in Msia which I want to write about. Back to Malaysia for a few days, my parents have started to help me to hunt for food in Cheras!!! It is a luxury for Malaysians for enjoying the food all day with affordable price, whereas in UK we'll normally have to cook our own dishes to save some money! Heheh, so what I have eaten in these few days after A year not eating them????

1. MOM'S COOK!!!!
Mum's cook is always the best. No artificial colourings, no preservatives, no artificial flavourings, and FULL OF LOVE. I miss her cook soooo much! And one of the target during this summer is to learn her secret recipes in cooking so that I can cook equally good food in UK next time!

2. Pan meeeeee~ ~
The special noodles in soup, with the typical fried anchovies, mu4 er3, China mushroom slices( my favourite), and bayam on top. Pan mee can never taste better in  Malaysia! And pan mee plus eggs ( with semi runny yolk) tastes even better~~
I have just tried the pan mee in the nearest restaurant, and i shall go to taman connaught mei yi and giant to taste the super delicious pan mee again! XD

3. Hakka meee!!!
KL hakka mee is one of my most favourites!!! FYI, I have been regularly eating the hakka mee in a stall in KL ever since I have memories about my childhood! Of course, it is also my dad's favourite, that's why he's bringing me to there frequent than any others. Despite the lack of cleaniness of the surroundings, the stall is always busy with people and the taste of it is so unique that it is absolutely incomparable to the other stalls selling hakka mee. It may not be the most delicious one but it has the most 怀旧的味道。Sorry, no picture shown. I should have really taken a pics after million times of visiting~

4.Nasi lemak
If you don't know you're definitely not a Malaysian. Saving my saliva, it's simply a nice meal that I won't miss out.

5.. What else?? It's Wednesday = Taman Connaught Pasar Malam!
Wow, this is the longest night market you will see in Malaysia simply because it is a combination of supermarket + garment store+ food court which makes up the rows of stalls of three roads length. My dad and mum brought me to there tonight and because they so sayang me and since it has been a year i last visited pasar malam, I have got 6  t-shirts, a pair of slippers, a pair of Crocs ( because I seriously don't have any nice shoes at home T.T), two bath towels, and some Food: Taufuhua, taiping Char kue teow, Soya milk, Apam, and egg tarts! When the time is approaching nine, the place get overcrowded that my dad started to get crazy and wanted to get out of it. Thx dad and mum! ^^

6. The future targets.....ngek ngek ngek~
- Kajang: Satay, 辣汤
- Bah kut teh!
- Ba zhang ( tomorrow)
- Wantan mee
- STEAMBOAT
- Secret recipes ( I shall try every single piece of cakes in SR)
- Mei yi pan mee and yee mee
- Malay food and kuih
- Ice creamssss
- Cincau and Cendol
- Ais kacang
- Kambing soup
- My grandma's cook

And I think I need more veges. Ironically, I'm lacking more fibre compared to the time I am in UK. I started to experience constipation now. but it is kind of hard to get sufficient vege when you're eating outside food. hmmm~~

The list is increasing. The rate of growing fat is increasing too. Okay, erm, my philosophy is: Go on diet, after I have eaten them all. haha! Enjoy the summer!!!

4 comments:

Cyber~ said...

come klang eat bak kut teh lar...i bring u go eat..hehe..u treat ya!! hahaha....u gt so many need to taste ar...u gt 4 months enuf lo...dudu go KL on july u more food wanna eat dy lo...don forget ask me go eat oso wahaha^^

JH said...

hey!!!add me in ur food hunting team!!!!lol

Pinkie123 said...

@ Cyber: Three months nia..haha..you so busy!!! but will surely ask u out sometime, dont worry! ;D

@ jinghui: Of course! this will be in the kl trip. so make sure you'll join it! ^^

Cyber~ said...

i oso wan ur kl trip mah...hehe^^