Wednesday, November 3, 2010

T.i.m.e.

One day when I saw people write that " Time is a relative thing. You'll feel like ages parting from me if I'm someone you miss; Inversely, If i'm not in your heart at all, one year is not very long." This sentence gives a deep strike into my heart.

Time is a relative thing. Perhaps I shall think it again. Why am I always feel like lacking of time? If time is relative to someone, it doesnt really matter whether everyone has 24 hrs as the others have. If it is a relative thing, then why do we count the time? Having more hours doesn't mean that you spend all of them with good quality.

Now somehow I can feel it. I started working on my workshop at 8pm. And I was sort of concentrated in doing it. It was not stressful, but I can feel that I took ages to dig up the information that I need for the workshop. It gives me a feeling that 2 hours have passed. But when I look at my clock, pheww - it is just 9 o'clock! The night is still young. That's how the 'miracles' happen.

And I recalled that last few days ago, I can be so unproductive. I wanted to do an easy workshop but I spend 2 hours on it. I wanted to do lots of tasks but I end up completing none. And quite often, I wanted to do this and that, but I was not psychologically prepared for it - My mind wanders in the wonderland of facebook for sometime, blogger for sometimes and many other places. I kind of spend many times in an undecided position of what I am going to do next.

Does the length of the time shown by the ticking clock is really all the time I have? I am not so sure. I can't help agree with the relativity of time. Perhaps, when you enjoy doing something, when you are totally indulged in doing something, one hour isn't that short. and Many days isn't that long. You can think in both ways. Or perhaps, when you're so concentrated that you forget the time , it slows down :D

So I guess, the best way to do things effectively is, do it when your heart really wanted to. Read when I really want to; Talk when I really want to. We don't need to spend all our time in one part - We are not machines. We'll get into our work more seriously and effectively if we have healthy relationships with people and things surrounding us. Then we'll have less problems to think of and thus we can concentrate in our work. hehe. It is a circle, it's hard to succeed in either part if go to both extremes.

No wonder the chinese idiom goes : 置心一处,无事不办。

No comments: