Monday, October 19, 2009

Yes Man



I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, that you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand.
I would understand.
The angry boy, a bit too insane,
Icing over a secret pain.
You know you don't belong.
You're the first to fight, You're way too loud,
You're The flash of light, on a burial shroud.
I know something's wrong.
Well everyone I know has got a reason, to say,
put the past away.
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend,
You could cut ties with all the lies, That you've been living in,
And if you do not want to see me again, I would understand,
I would understand~


Yes! I have just watched Yes Man and it is quite an inspiring movie about positive thinkings, with dozens of hilarious scenes and funny stunts by Jim Carrey! What a coincidence since recently I have been thinking this - how positive thinkings can bring about changes in life! Jim Carrey acts as man whose life were so miserable that he rejected almost every invitations from his friends and opportunities to brighten up his dull life. While his life has never been more depressed, some incidents happened, which makes him commited to say yes to everything that he came across! What should he do then?? Does he succeed in conforming the commitment he has made which will bring horrible consequenses once he break his promise??

Somehow the story plot sounds illogical and the main actor has been incredibly lucky in everything he does, but the story does give me some good lessons and questions to ponder. When we tend to think positively about a thing, there're more than half the possibility that the thing will turn out to be a good one, sometimes even better than what we have expected. Sometimes we are too comfortable living in our comfort zone, our own world, until we are lack of the courage to try on the things we're unfamiliar with. Then we promptly jump to the conclusion that this or that thing does not suit me. Life cannot be lived twice, why don't we just give it a try instead of keep worrying about the unknown consequences behind that thing?

However, saying yes does require some wisdom! First, to come out of our own world, we practice to to say YES! Then, we utilise our wisdom to nod our heads on the things that we choose to. And most of the times they should be good and beneficial things, not those bad ones! haha~ and most importantly, say "yes" because your heart truly want to but not "yes" because of anything else.

A good movie I would recommend~ ^_^

4 comments:

yee chong said...

i already watch this movie 2 times..
got different feeling...hehe..
agree to u that say "yes" because your heart truly want to but not "yes" because of anything else.

Pinkie123 said...

hehe..what's yr feelings then? :)

-DaN- said...

I like the song :)

fuixian said...

yes man!!!!!!