Wednesday, August 15, 2012

John Lennon

Remember the time when John Lennon sang to us across the space and time in London Olympics 2012 closing ceremony? I was a little moved by the presence of him and his voice beautifully singing out his imagination.

And this morning whilst sharing it with my friend, it led me to explore John Lennon's life and his other songs. It is rather saddening to know that he was actually murdered in New York at his glorious age of 40. Otherwise, he would have been on the same stage on Paul McCartney singing his best songs for the Olympics.

One click leads to another. That's how I found his other songs which are equally stunning and pleasing to ear.   E.g. The beautiful boy, woman, give peace a chance, etc. He can easily express himself without much words.   He just sings his thoughts out along with the flow of the melody. He is such a diamond and I wonder why I only start appreciating him that late? hehe..


Oh such a beautiful fatherly love.
I believe every dad has the same feeling like John when looking through the eyes of their kids.

And this one:


Only a great composer can come out with these lyrics.

We're playing those mind games together

Pushing the barriers planting seeds
Playing the mind guerrilla
Chanting the Mantra peace on earth
We all been playing those mind games forever
Some kinda druid dudes lifting the veil
Doing the mind guerrilla
Some call it magic the search for the grail



Love is the answer and you know that for sure
Love is a flower you got to let it grow


And Yes will be the answer to put all the mind guerrillas into peace. Yes I made up my mind for where I go in the end of August. :)
Glad that I know a little bit more about him today!

No comments: