Saturday, January 17, 2009

Can a person's attitude be changed?

Today walking on the street, I again witnessed how stubborn and how ignorant a person can be. Despite he has no any justifiable reasons standing for him, he can still shout out with his earth-shaking voice and act savagely as if he's going to attack the opponent.

Each time. Every time. For many years. He hasn't really changed a bit. Is my dear friend never realised himself as a barbarous man, or is that true that people has never been able to change their attitudes?

Poor him, knows only how to hurt people around him in order to protect himself. Now only I realised that there's a deep sense of fear lied inside his heart, but what for he fears for it? There are so many times when people think and do something foolishly as they're governed by their own fear, and yet the fear is merely their own presumption.

I change my reactions towards him too. It's like a evolution where I turned from shocked, fear, angry, hatred, disappointment to ignored and finally I make my initiative to advise him. It is for his own good and for everybody's good. I tell it out frankly because I still treat him as a friend. If I don't, I won't even bother to say anything to him.

The world would be much wonderful if everyone has a lovely heart and knows how to respect people...there's a Chinese proverb saying, "Respect is not given by people, respect is something you earn by yourself through your upbringings and behaviour. "

Can you feel my word?

5 comments:

g_yean_i said...

felt! but what's your friend's response?

Anonymous said...

looks like me le... so sad... hurting others with my jokes.. alamak...

Anonymous said...

but i believe everybody can change to be better... even the attitude of everyone... i have faith on that... :)
only if the people accepting the truth of themselves or not... sorry to carol if got anything i said hurtful... maybe i shouldnt joke too often... even joking i can treat as normal thing already... thanks lot for the blog too, finally it reminds how bad i might be, even if it is not me... Anyway, thanks lot for ur support to think positively for my re-take final project... I appreciate it very much :)

Pinkie123 said...

hey..Jhony! don't misunderstood, this article's not pointing on you! I do really mean someone but it's not you. Anyway, i had made this article a symbolism to voice out my feelings. Sorry to reply here that late. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.